Sunday 6 December 2020

Gatsby's Client Side Routing - What Gatsby features do my client-rendered pages still benefit from?

I built a small site that uses gatsby for static content, but then for some content that needs to be rendered on the client-side, I'm using client-only routes in gatsby.

I am not sure I fully understand how this works though - Say I have a Header, Footer & a font that I am using in my static site. On my client-only routes, I am using the same Header, Footer & font. Will I benefit at all from having used these elements in my statically components previously? Is the font being loaded anew, for example?

Basically, I would like to know what Gatsby-features my client-site content is losing out on now, and what I should maybe attend to a bit more, since Gatsby won't be handling this for me anymore. Especially in terms of pagespeed.



from Gatsby's Client Side Routing - What Gatsby features do my client-rendered pages still benefit from?

No comments:

Post a Comment