Friday 18 August 2023

How can you distinguish between a standard library call, a third-party library call, and an API call from the repository?

I am working on a project where I have to determine whether a particular call or import is:

  1. From the standard library of the language (Python) I'm using. (I am already considering to use sys.stdlib_module_names for it)
  2. From a third-party library, or
  3. An API call made to some service from within the repository.

Is there an efficient way or tool that could help me quickly differentiate between these types of calls or imports? I'm primarily using Python, but methods for other languages are welcome as well.

I am working on a project where I have to collect a dataset of library calls that are made within that project. That's why I need to differentiate this.



from How can you distinguish between a standard library call, a third-party library call, and an API call from the repository?

No comments:

Post a Comment