Saturday 13 May 2023

Launch VS Code (Web version) with pre-defined folder

I'm using chromium embedded in my application. Using it, I would like to load the web-version of Visual Studio Code ( https://vscode.dev/ ), and then automatically open a specific directory on the device, without the user having to do it manually.

I'm sure this is possible using JavaScript (even if not officially supported), but I'm not sure how to find out which commands are responsible for opening a folder. When you press "Open Folder..." in VS Code, it opens a file dialog window where you can select the target directory. If I could break when a folder has actually been selected (and confirmed), I could probably narrow it down, but I couldn't find a listener even that would work for such a case.

Is there a simple way to do this without having to take a deep dive into the entire source code?



from Launch VS Code (Web version) with pre-defined folder

No comments:

Post a Comment