Thursday 29 July 2021

Inactive internal testing track is tagged as latest version by in-app updates. How to stop this?

I implemented in-app updating in Android, and to do so I added an internal testing track to make sure the update process worked as intented. All worked.

I set this internal release version number to be really high to distinguish it from production. For example, production version is 1.X.X, internal testing is 104.

I no longer need this internal testing track so I made it inactive and removed the testers (i.e. me).

However, the in-app update information still shows availableVersionCode=104. If I accept the update in-app, nothing actually downloads whereas it did when active.

How can I either remove this version entirely from internal testing, or stop in-app updates fetching this version?

I understand a last resort is to up production version to > 104 but I really do not want that.

Edit: It seems after a few days, the app no longer pulled in this testing track (but it did not stop immediately). I would still like to know how to delete internal releases.



from Inactive internal testing track is tagged as latest version by in-app updates. How to stop this?

No comments:

Post a Comment