Wednesday 14 July 2021

How to implement a collapsible (with a handle) vertical sidebar android

I'm trying to implement a collapsible sidebar righthand side with a handle. The sidebar contains items which will be dragged and dropped into a linearlayout. Basically the functionality I'm after is sort of like:

Desired Functionality enter image description here

Where the "H" is the button/handle which is used to toggle the sidebar open/closed. Also, I would like it to overlay or float over the main content of the activity (such that the expansion and collapse of the view does not impact the layout of the main content).

However I'm struggling to postulate a way of achieving this. I tried to think of it like a navigation drawer, but I won't using this for navigation so I don't think this will be correct. I've been looking into different collapsible views but most of them are horizontal (expands vertically) or are on the same level as the main content and modifies its layout.

Is there any way to create a layout/fragment which allows me to access these drag and drop items from a sidebar like I'm describing? I cannot think of a way to approach this problem.



from How to implement a collapsible (with a handle) vertical sidebar android

No comments:

Post a Comment