Tuesday 16 March 2021

RPLIDAR A1 not sampling as fast as expected with python

using the A1 lidar from RPLIDAR, and one of the python3 libraries that implement the SDK (in my case it's rplidar library), I couldn't get the lidar to sample the points as fast as the documentation suggests, i.e. it should reach 8000 points/sec and i'm at the maximum at 1000points/sec (5.5Hz*170), and that's really not enough for my usage (creating a 3D mesh from pointcloud)

the code I use to check speed is here: https://github.com/SkoltechRobotics/rplidar/blob/master/examples/measure_speed.py and the code to get the number of measurements per scan is the sample in the readme.

I get this results:

enter image description here

Does anyone know how to implement the full sampling rate of the lidar, from the Python API? I work either from raspberry or Windows. If the solution could be 100% python it would be really best. Thanks,



from RPLIDAR A1 not sampling as fast as expected with python

No comments:

Post a Comment