Wednesday 6 January 2021

I get a pydevconsole error when trying to get ezgmail to work. How can I fix this?

I am trying to initialise ezgmail but it gets stuck at the point of looking for a token.json file. It gives a warning first, that it cannot find the token.json file and then an error as follows and hangs up. The process I followed (I'm working in a venv in PyCharm) is as follows:

Process followed: Logged into google and enabled Gmail API; renamed it TestEmails; Configure your Oauth client: I chose "Desktop App" Copied resulting credentials.json file into the project folder

I even copied the quickstart.py file into my working directory and run it (python quickstart.py) without any problem. then: (at Python Console: ) ::

>>>import os
>>>

The error I get is shown below:

import ezgmail
usage: pydevconsole.py [--auth_host_name AUTH_HOST_NAME]
                       [--noauth_local_webserver]
                       [--auth_host_port [AUTH_HOST_PORT [AUTH_HOST_PORT ...]]]
                       [--logging_level {DEBUG,INFO,WARNING,ERROR,CRITICAL}]
pydevconsole.py: error: unrecognized arguments: --mode=client --port=60056

Process finished with exit code 2

Any insights would be much appreciated, happy to add further info if helpful. Cheers (I'm a novice, please treat gently!).



from I get a pydevconsole error when trying to get ezgmail to work. How can I fix this?

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem. Any solution? should be a Pycharm problem

    ReplyDelete