Saturday 28 November 2020

Can I, when opening a folder in VSC, choose whether I replace the current window or open the folder in a new window?

  1. Within Visual Studio Code (VSC) I'd like to choose, on the spot, whether the folder I open replaces the current window or opens the new window. I already know this exists:
  • The `--new-window --reuse-window` CLI tags.
  • A `window.openFoldersInNewWindow` setting.
  • The option to do File>New Window & open it from there.

What I'm looking for is the ability to choose, on the spot, from the VSC app e.g. open folder...


  1. Perhaps a solution to my problem could be found by easily toggling workspace folders. What if by clicking on a folderB, all the tabs of folderA close. Is something like this possible?


from Can I, when opening a folder in VSC, choose whether I replace the current window or open the folder in a new window?

No comments:

Post a Comment