Saturday 31 October 2020

Postman not reaching AWS EKS API endpoint

I'm trying to figure out how to get postman to work with EKS. I have a simple nodejs app

const express = require('express');
const app = express();


app.get('/', (req, res) => res.send('hello world'));

app.listen(3000, () => {
    console.log('My REST API running on port 3000!');
});

I created a docker container and successfully pushed it to ECR. Also I tested docker by running it locally and I was able to reach it and get hello world response so the docker container seems fine.

I created an EKS cluster with the docker container and have the api server endpoint

enter image description here

but when I try and make a call with postman, I get

enter image description here

I even tried adding access key and secret from IAM user that has access to EKS, but I get same error.

When I configured the cluster, I set it to public so I don't understand why Postman can't reach the API endpoint. enter image description here

Also I added the following permissions to the IAM user I'm using in postman. I wasn't sure which one was correct so I added all of them. I also put the security credentials for that IAM user in postman.

enter image description here

What am I missing? I appreciate the help!



from Postman not reaching AWS EKS API endpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment