Tuesday 17 November 2020

Android Studio App keeps crashing on some devices

I have written a simple android application using the Google Maps API. It works flawlessly on some android devices but fails/crashes on other devices. In the project creation wizard of Android Studio and in the minimum compatible OS, I choose Kit Kat OS for wider compatibility. The build.gradle is listed below. Currently I can't test on AVDs due to my IDE settings. How can I resolve this issue?

android {
compileSdkVersion 29
buildToolsVersion "29.0.2"
defaultConfig {
    applicationId "com.example.unitstatus"
    minSdkVersion 19
    targetSdkVersion 29
    versionCode 1
    versionName "1.0"
    testInstrumentationRunner "androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner"
}

I distributed the apk through WhatsApp messengers to my clients. Client's Android setting need to be set to 'Allow third party library' to continue the install.



from Android Studio App keeps crashing on some devices

No comments:

Post a Comment