Saturday 24 October 2020

Open a REPL from an embedded python installation

I am using a piece of software that comes with an embedded (I hope that is the right word) version of IronPython. The IP is there to allow the user to write .py scripts that interact with the program API.

There is no ipy.exe or python.exe file available inside of the program files installation directory. The only thing in there are the various IronPython DLL files. The standard library is fully available.

I really need to debug my code with something more powerful than print statements, but the program just hangs when I trying to use the debugger:

import pdb;pdb.set_trace()

It would be great if there were a piece of code I could just drop in one of these .py modules that will launch a REPL for the current python session. I've tried solutions from SO using the code module, but it doesn't work.

Can it be done?



from Open a REPL from an embedded python installation

No comments:

Post a Comment