Saturday 22 August 2020

Error with getting hardware id using python sub process

I am currently having an error with getting the hardware id for a very specific PC, i have been using the following code and it has been working on a lot of PC's but suddenly the following error happened with 1 PC

The code that i am using:

hardware_id = subprocess.check_output('wmic csproduct get uuid').decode().split('\n')[1].strip()

I am compiling my python files using Pyinstaller and I get the following error with this specific PC:

csproduct - Alias not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
   ...
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'wmic csproduct get uuid' returned returned non-zero exit status 44135
[8920] Failed to excute script app

I would appreciate it if someone tells me why this error is happening with this specific PC and how can I fix it

The OS for the PC I am talking about is Windows 10



from Error with getting hardware id using python sub process

No comments:

Post a Comment