Monday 30 December 2019

Twilio fax - How to manage status responses in Wordpress in PHP?

I want to send and manage faxes using PHP only (no JavaScript or cron, if possible) through Twilio from my linux+Apache+Wordpress site. (Development is on a Wordpress site through my localhost using ngrok.)

I have been able to set up a Wordpress page (template) to send faxes using Twilio's fax API. After the fax is sent, though, Twilio is replying with JSON in a POST response (I think), and expecting my site to respond in some way. I have a callback URL in place, but this seems to be an asynchronous call, which I don't know how to handle though Wordpress. (I want to stay within Wordpress site if possible for security and convenience.)

I have no experience with managing this type of communication between servers; I have been reading the Twilio docs, but I think I am making a fundamental mistake somewhere...I get the gist of what needs to be done, but not how it works.

How does managing Twilio's asynchronous calls work using PHP within Wordpress?



from Twilio fax - How to manage status responses in Wordpress in PHP?

No comments:

Post a Comment