Monday 30 December 2019

HTML Map that Reads from Personal Geodatabase

I am looking for solutions on how to possibly load polygon data from an ESRI Personal Geodatabase (.mdb) to an HTML map?

Ideally I would like to load an HTML file to a web-browser and have it read polygon information from a personal geodtabase as a layer on a map. Users will be adding polygons to the geodatabase, so each time the HTML document is opened, I would like it to read the data each time. I am not particular regarding the basemap (leaflet, google maps, ArcGIS Online), but I would like it to read the data from the geodatabase each time it is opened, so that the information shown is the most current. Ultimately, this HTML document will be embedded within an Microsoft Access database form for the user to interact with, and view previously entered polygons within the Personal Geodatabase.

Goal

To load an HTML Map within a web-browser. The map to display polygons that are read from a personal geodatabase. This map will then be embedded into a Microsoft Access Form for the user to interact with through the web-browser.

Options I have Considered:

Google Maps:

I have looked at using google maps that reads a kml/kmz file with the polygon information from the geodatabase, but this requires me to update the kml/kmz each time a new polygon is entered. A more automated solution would be preferable.

Leaflet

Having researched leaflet, it appears that it is possible to load a map from a file geodatabase, but not a personal geodatabase. Unfortunately, I am handcuffed by the personal geodatabase in this particular scenario (many users, multiple geodatabases, and Microsoft Access forms)

ArcGIS Online

Is it possible to have arcGIS online read from a local file each time it is opened. I realize ArcGIS online requires a zip file, but I could automate the compression of a document. Any suggestions regarding the direction I should take this would be greatly appreciated.

Slippy Maps

I haven't researched this very much, as I feel that I've already gone down the rabbit hole with the other options and am running out of time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my problem, and providing feedback. I really appreciate it.

Kev



from HTML Map that Reads from Personal Geodatabase

No comments:

Post a Comment