Wednesday 6 December 2023

Why does my Firefox browser take over a hundred times longer to upload large files compared to Google Chrome?

I have a server-side program on localhost, and I use a form to upload a 300MB file. However, I've noticed a discrepancy between Google Chrome and Firefox – Google Chrome returns a successful result within a few seconds, while Firefox takes around 3 minutes. The code and network environment are consistent. What could be causing this discrepancy?

Here is my code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <title><!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <title>Upload</title>
</head>
<body>

<h2>Upload</h2>

<form action="http://127.0.0.1:9527/api/upgrade/upload" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
  <label for="fileInput">chooseFile:</label>
  <input type="file" id="fileInput" name="files">

  <button type="submit">Upload File</button>
</form>

</body>
</html>

I have tried changing the server-side programming languages (Java, Go) and upgrading versions, but they are already the latest.



from Why does my Firefox browser take over a hundred times longer to upload large files compared to Google Chrome?

No comments:

Post a Comment