Thursday 17 August 2023

How do I download a package from PyPI and install it with all its dependencies source code in an automated fashion?

For a project, I need to automatically download the top 50 Python packages from PyPI. After that, I have to set up a new Python environment using venv and install these packages.

Here are the steps I plan to follow:

  • Create a new Python virtual environment using venv.
  • Use pip to install the specific package: pip install <new-package>.
  • In addition to installing the package, I also need to download the package and all its dependencies, ensuring I have the source code available. I need to have the source code of the third-party dependent packages as well.

Has anyone attempted something similar or have any insights to share?



from How do I download a package from PyPI and install it with all its dependencies source code in an automated fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment