I want to use hook into the Mac OS output audio stream with my desktop application using Python.
All existing stack overflow posts are around towards the system input (mic) or, require 3rd party software like https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole to be setup which is more steps than I want my user to have to do.
My use case: I'm aiming to build a cross-platform desktop application with flet, that transcribe the output of a users speakers. I want to listen to all output audio, and not be specfic to an application.
AC: A Python script, that can listen in real-time to a users output audio for a range of different apps (maybe save to a wav file so it's easy to validate).
Notes:
- flakes comment on Python Audio options -> https://wiki.python.org/moin/Audio
- PortAudio looks promising
- To get it working in real-time, and application agnostic, I suspect an audio stream, periodically saving chunks to a list is a solid approach
from Mac OS - listen to output audio with Python
No comments:
Post a Comment