Saturday 29 October 2022

Websocket : Get information from Web socket server

I am very new to websockets and trying to create an omegle as an example. A centralized chat server to which every client can connect through a websocket and the the server matches people based on interests. The people can chat through the websocket connection thereafter.

I am just curious about one thing: Once my site goes live and different clients keep connecting, essentially in the background they are connecting to my central server through the websocket. Can't any client run javascript on its chrome console and inject a malicious script or get access to the clients connected to the server already since the connection has been established and its a stateful connection? I am not sure if there is a way to do that. And if there is, what security mechanisms i need to take care of?



from Websocket : Get information from Web socket server

No comments:

Post a Comment