Thursday 27 October 2022

How to find a distribution function from the max, min and average of a sample

Given that I know the, Max, Min and Average of sample (I don't have access to the sample itself). I would like to write a generic function to generate a sample with the same characteristics. From this answer I gather that this is no simple task since many distribuitions can be found with the same characteristics.

max, min, average = [411, 1, 20.98]

I'm trying to use scipy.norm but unsuccessfully. I can't seem to understand if I can pass the arguments mentioned above or if they are just returned values from an already generated function. I'm pretty new to python stats so this might be something quite easy to solve.



from How to find a distribution function from the max, min and average of a sample

No comments:

Post a Comment