Saturday 25 June 2022

Initialize an AudioDecoder for "vorbis" and "opus", description is required - what is it exactly?

I'm using the WebCodecs AudioDecoder to decode OGG files (vorbis and opus). The codec string setting in the AudioDecoder configuration is vorbis and opus, respectively. I have the container parsed into pages, and the AudioDecoder is almost ready for work.

However, I'm unable to figure out the description field it's expecting. I've read up on Vorbis WebCodecs Registration, but I'm still lost. That is:

let decoder = new AudioDecoder({ ... });

decoder.configure({
  description: "", // <----- What do I put here?
  codec: "vorbis",
  sampleRate: 44100,
  numberOfChannels: 2,
});

Edit: I understand it's expecting key information about how the OGG file is structured. What I don't understand is what goes there exactly. How does the string even look? Is it a dot-separated string of arguments?



from Initialize an AudioDecoder for "vorbis" and "opus", description is required - what is it exactly?

No comments:

Post a Comment