Sunday 26 June 2022

Do I have to use Play App signing to generate sha_256 fingerprints for Android app links? My company releases the app through App Center

I've been trying to implement Android app links into my company's react native app, I've been following the documentation and I'm struggling with the part that involves adding the assetlink.json file on my website. I see mention of using Play app signing, our company doesn't release through the google play store instead we release through App Center. Hence, why my current google play console doesn't have a fingerprint.

There is also an option to generate a fingerprint with a keytool command but I don't think this is the right move since the fingerprint generated on my machine wouldn't work in production, right?

My question is do we have to use Play App signing to get the proper fingerprints to use for app links? Or is using App Center fine? If using App Center is fine then where can I find the sha_256 fingerprints to put in the assetlink.json file?



from Do I have to use Play App signing to generate sha_256 fingerprints for Android app links? My company releases the app through App Center

No comments:

Post a Comment