Wednesday 29 December 2021

Android Google Custom Search : Requested Entity Not Found Error

I want to use Google's Custom Search API to search for images by text entered by the user in the application.

I have done the following :

  • Created an API Key from here
  • Created a programmable search engine here
  • Enabled billing for my project here

This is an example of a GET request I am making:

https://www.googleapis.com/customsearch/v1?key=MY_API_KEY&cx=MY_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID&q=SEARCH_TERM&searchType=image

I keep getting:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 404,
    "message": "Requested entity was not found.",
    "errors": [
      {
        "message": "Requested entity was not found.",
        "domain": "global",
        "reason": "notFound"
      }
    ],
    "status": "NOT_FOUND"
  }
}

I am seeing my requests I am making inside my project's Google Cloud Platform APIs and Services window:

Screenshot

Looking for reasons why this happens, resulted in primarily billing not being enabled (but that is not my case).

Is there any step that I have missed?



from Android Google Custom Search : Requested Entity Not Found Error

No comments:

Post a Comment