Wednesday 29 September 2021

Android Studio inexplicable error in debug APK

I faced with situation that version from built debug APK had inexplicable runtime errors which totally disappeared after rebuild. No code changes - just fresh build. Today it happened at least second time - it starts to worry me.

The first reason to worry is time waste to determine that error couldn't be repeated on my emulator and I just need to rebuild it. Here I can only build APKs one by one until I get two files equal to byte. Though I've never faced with same problem while installing directly through USB, it couldn't be solution as I don't have physical access to it all the time.

Update. Today such a thing happened through USB installation.

The second reason is main here. Can I be sure release build doesn't have same problem? Now I build AAB files which I can't install on device to check before update in Google Play.

Current Android Studio version:

Android Studio Arctic Fox | 2020.3.1 Patch 1 Build
#AI-203.7717.56.2031.7621141, built on August 7, 2021

Update. Repeated on Android Sutiod version:

Android Studio Arctic Fox | 2020.3.1 Patch 2 Build
#AI-203.7717.56.2031.7678000, built on August 27, 2021

Other build settings

buildToolsVersion '30.0.2'
gradle version 7.0.2

Why does it happen? Is there any workaround?



from Android Studio inexplicable error in debug APK

No comments:

Post a Comment