Sunday 8 August 2021

Using Font-Awesome 4.7.0 in ExtJS 7.1.0

ExtJS 7.1.0 is using Font-Awesome 5.6.3. But my App was build in ExtJS 6 and I have used a lot of icons from font-awesome 4 which are no longer available in version 5. My question now is, is it somehow possible to downgrade the font-awesome version?

I have already tried to replace the /framework/font-awesome Folder but this throws an error on building. And I have tried to create my own package in /workspace/local/packages/font-awesome-470 according to this guide: https://jnesis.com/en/blog/how-to-take-advantage-of-font-awesome-5-in-your-ext-js-6-applications/

The guide explains how to upgrade from font-awesome 4 to 5. I thought it would also work the other way around. However I'm always getting a build error that looks like this:

[LOG] Fashion Error : Reference to undeclared variable : $fa_line_height_base :
[ERR]
[ERR] BUILD FAILED
[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: Fashion build exited with code : 1
[ERR]   at sun.reflect.N
[ERR] ativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[ERR]
[ERR] Total time: 1 minute 38 seconds


from Using Font-Awesome 4.7.0 in ExtJS 7.1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment