Thursday 11 March 2021

UDP: python server with simulink client OSError: [Errno 48] Address already in use from python

I am trying to send datetimes to simulink via python. (I have to use simulink, not just MATLAB)

Here is my python program for a UDP server

import socket
from datetime import datetime

sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
sock.bind(("127.0.0.1", 12345))

while True:
     data, addr = sock.recvfrom(256)
     print(data)
     message = bytes(str(datetime.now()), encoding='utf-8')
     sock.sendto(message, addr)

And here is my attempt at writing a receiver in Simulink enter image description here

I have set the simulink model to run indefinitely but I get an error:

OSError: [Errno 48] Address already in use from python

Isn't it the point to use the same address to communicate? I understand the error is because it's between MATLAB and Python, so how do I get around it?



from UDP: python server with simulink client OSError: [Errno 48] Address already in use from python

No comments:

Post a Comment