Thursday 11 March 2021

Python Toast Notifaction not working on No GUI

Here is the code for the toast notification:

from win10toast import ToastNotifier
toaster = ToastNotifier()
toaster.show_toast("Test Python", "Python Test!")

When I run the program normally: python .\fileName.py, I get the notification and everything is good.

However, if I run the program wihtout GUI: pythonw .\fileName.py, I don't see a notification. However, I can see that the program is running here:

enter image description here

But again I don't actually get a notification pop up. I'm not sure why, it may be a Windows10 system setting or something, not sure. How do I get the notification to show up when I'm running the python file in the background?



from Python Toast Notifaction not working on No GUI

No comments:

Post a Comment