Friday 5 March 2021

How To Compress Video in Angular Before Upload Server?

I have an Angular App that uploads videos through Spring Boot Server to S3 bucket. However, I need to reduce the size of videos since I need to upload 30MB videos from mobile devices.

  • Is there a way I can reduce the quality of the video before uploading it to my server?

  • Or do you recommend some other strategy that allows to reduce the waiting time? With the understanding that the videos are finally going to be hosted in a S3 bucket, perhaps performing the compression on my Spring Boot server?

At this point, I would like to clarify if when sending the video from my Angular App to the Spring Boot server, it would arrive as a "MultipartFile" through a POST request using Angular's HTTPClient.

Does it make sense to think that the strategy of compressing the video on the Spring Boot server can reduce the loading time of the video, since from Spring Boot the video is loaded to S3?.

Can someone with experience please clarify this for me?



from How To Compress Video in Angular Before Upload Server?

No comments:

Post a Comment