Sunday 14 March 2021

Apex Candle Charts are not updating

I'm using apex charts in angular to create a candle stick chart.

my html looks like so:

<apx-chart
  [series]="chartOptions.series"
  [chart]="chartOptions.chart"
  [xaxis]="chartOptions.xaxis"
  [title]="chartOptions.title"
></apx-chart>

I initialize the chart with sample data so I can see it working. When I try to dynamically update the chart from my websocket, nothing happens (the sample data persists) component.ts:

this.chartOptions = {
  series: [{
      name: "My-series",
      data: this.getSampleData()
  }],
  chart: {
    height: 350,
    type: "candlestick"
  },
  title: { text: "BTC SMA Chart"},
  xaxis: { type: 'datetime' }
};

this.connection.on("candlesReceived", (candleJson) => {
  var candle = JSON.parse(candleJson);
  console.log("open: " + candle.open + " high: "
    + candle.high + " low:" + candle.low + " close:" + candle.close);

    this.data.push({ x:Date.parse(candle.timeStamp), y: [candle.open, candle.high, candle.low, candle.close]})
    this.chartOptions.series = [{ data: this.data }]
})

According to the Documentation all you have to do to update is to reassign the series. However that's not working.

How can I dynamically update my chart so it operates in realtime?



from Apex Candle Charts are not updating

No comments:

Post a Comment