Sunday 14 March 2021

404 Error when deploying React App on custom domain

It seems like I followed all the necessary in the documentation but it keeps giving a 404 Error: "There isn't a GitHub pages here" when I go into https://juliesong.me. I got my custom domain through GoDaddy and configured the DNS like so:

Then I changed my package.json file to have

"homepage": "https://www.juliesong.me",

Added a CNAME file in the root directory containing www.juliesong.me

And lastly went into settings in GitHub pages:

I searched my issue up and a lot of people said it might have to do with the React Router, so I edited to include a basename:

import React from 'react';
import ReactDOM from 'react-dom';
import App from './App';
import { HashRouter as Router } from "react-router-dom";
import * as serviceWorker from './serviceWorker';

const routing = (
  <Router basename={process.env.PUBLIC_URL}>
    <App />
  </Router>
);

ReactDOM.render(routing, document.getElementById('root'));

This is my App.js:

import React, { Component } from 'react';
import {Route} from 'react-router-dom';
import { withRouter } from 'react-router'
import { GlobalStyles, } from "./util/GlobalStyles";

import Home from './containers/Home'


class App extends Component {

  render() {
    const home = () => <Home />

    return (
      <main>
        <GlobalStyles />
          <React.Fragment>
              <Route exact path="/" component={home} />
          </React.Fragment>
      </main>
    );
  }
}

export default withRouter(App);

If anyone could help on this issue, that would be great:)



from 404 Error when deploying React App on custom domain

No comments:

Post a Comment