Monday 30 November 2020

Video Spec to fluent-FFMPEG settings

Not sure how to translate this video spec into fluent-FFmpeg. please assist.


This is the only video I have that plays on my iPhone, and I would like to reuse the video's encoding to allow other videos I have, to be converted into the same video format. resulting in having my other videos playable via iPhone and iOS. (this also happens to play on android, I would like the recommended encoding settings to also work on android)

The video should also be streamable, I know theres a flag called +faststart but not sure how to use it.


enter image description here


here is my existing code

function convertWebmToMp4File(input, output) {
  return new Promise(
    function (resolve, reject) {
  ffmpeg(input)
    .outputOptions([
      // Which settings should I put here, each on their own line/entry <-- Important plz read
      '-c:v libx264',
      '-pix_fmt yuv420p',
      '-profile:v baseline',
      '-level 3.0',
      '-crf 22',
      '-preset veryslow',
      '-vf scale=1280:-2',
      '-c:a aac',
      '-strict experimental',
      '-movflags +faststart',
      '-threads 0',
    ])
    .on("end", function () {
      resolve(true);
    })
    .on("error", function (err) {
      reject(err);
    })
    .saveToFile(output);
  });
}

TIA



from Video Spec to fluent-FFMPEG settings

No comments:

Post a Comment