Sunday 29 November 2020

Redux middleware async function

I have a redux middleware that interacts with a rest api. I recently started rewriting some fetch functions using async/await.

For this to make the most sense for me, I would need the middleware function itself to be an async function so that I can use "await" and try/catch blocks on those other async functions I have created as opposed to having to use .then, .catch.

So far I have this:

const apiMiddleware = ({
  dispatch,
  getState
}) => next => async action => {
  switch (action.type) {
   //...
   }
  next(action);
};

Please note the use of async keyword before "action". So far this seems to be working as expected, I am able to await other async functions from that middleware. However, since I was not able to find documentation on this, I was wondering if what I did truly is valid.

Thank you



from Redux middleware async function

No comments:

Post a Comment