Wednesday 25 November 2020

pywinauto automation of jump server login in putty is not behaving same as manual jump server login in putty

I manually login to one of my Application GUI consoles(https://localhost:port) hosted on a server on the enterprise internal network, through a jump server. These are the exact steps:

1. Open putty
2. ssh(port 22) to the jumpserverhost.domain.com(this is a linux server)
3. Enter user, and passcode(RSA token)
4. Ensure the putty session window is alive/open
5. Now open browser and open the Application console - https://localhost:port
   NOTE: "We don't use the direct server IP, we use localhost ip-127.0.0.1 and the port on which the application GUI is running"
6. Enter Application GUI user/password and do your work on the Application

My requirement is to automate the above steps for login to my Application GUI Login. This is what I have done

a. Use a pywinauto script to automate the exact human steps from steps 1-4 above

Please check my answer to how to pass variable in pywinauto.Application().start(cmd_line='') for the script I am using for the task.

Even though my pywinauto script is working just fine and logging in to the jump server via putty, I am not able to connect to the application GUI, see image below.

image

But every time I login to the jump server manually using steps 1-4 above, the application GUI login page opens on https://127.0.0.1:. See image below Success Image

Why is it changing behavior via automated script ?

I have also checked many articles which suggest to automate ssh connections through paramiko , will it work in this case ? (considering the ssh connection to the jump server needs to be alive till the time I'm connected to the Application GUI )

My knowledge of how jump servers work is very shallow, please help.



from pywinauto automation of jump server login in putty is not behaving same as manual jump server login in putty

No comments:

Post a Comment