Monday 13 January 2020

How to append to .mat file using scipy.io.savemat?

so when I use the savemat command it tends to overwrite the file. Is there a possible way to append instead of overwriting? I know a work-around would be to put everything into a list, and then convert it to a dictionary. That won't work for me because I am trying to be RAM efficient. Doing online search I found this How NOT to overwrite the .mat file when using scipy.io.savemat()?

that won't work either because it involves pulling a data file in your ram memory to append it every single loop, which seems stupid from the speed perspective.

I thought about appending to a numpy binary file, then pulling that in and saving it to a .mat file? I am not sure if this would be more RAM efficient than the first option though.

thanks!



from How to append to .mat file using scipy.io.savemat?

No comments:

Post a Comment