Monday 13 January 2020

How does one manually convert Apollo Android-generated objects into JSON strings and back?

I use the Apollo Android library to make queries to a GraphQL endpoint. Everything works OK until I try to convert the results back to JSON strings (to store them in a Room database). I naively tried to use Moshi, however this fails with the following error:

Cannot get available extra products: No JsonAdapter for interface com.example.MyQuery$MyFragmentInterface

where MyFragmentInterface in an interface generated by Apollo to handle query fragments.

So, I tried to find whether the Apollo library has/generates any conversion methods, i.e. sth like toJson()/fromJson(), for the generated models, however I couldn't find anything usable.

Am I missing something obvious?



from How does one manually convert Apollo Android-generated objects into JSON strings and back?

No comments:

Post a Comment