Thursday 12 September 2019

ARKit: pausing session does not stop the scene to be called

I'm using ARKit with SpriteKit. My AR feature is not a core feature in my app, users may optionally navigate to a viewController with an ARSKView where I configure and set an SKScene in the ARsession.

I pause the session when the user navigates back:

override func viewWillDisappear(_ animated: Bool) {
    super.viewWillDisappear(animated)   
    sceneView.session.pause()
}

then the viewController is pop from the navigationController where it was pushed. But I'm seeing that the func update(_ currentTime: TimeInterval) in my SKScene subclass keeps being called... which is the appropriate way to also stop that? I thought that pausing the ARSession would also stop the scene.

EDIT: when I navigate back from the view controller that holds the ARSKView and it is deinitialized, I see that the SKScene is still in memory and a new one is created every time I navigate again to the AR related view controller. So, if I navigate there N times, I see I have N SKScenes in memory. How could I appropiately remove the scene when navigating back? The scene property of the ARsession is read only.



from ARKit: pausing session does not stop the scene to be called

No comments:

Post a Comment