Saturday 7 September 2019

Amazon EC2 NodeJS server stops itself after 2 days even after using sudo nohup

I have my app running on http://talkwithstranger.com/ and I have deployed it on AWS EC2. I use this command

sudo nohup node index.js &

To continue running my Node JS server even if I close my terminal and exit my SSH.

However, after 2 days everytime I wake up and I find out that the node server itself stops automatically. I checked the running processes by using

ps -ef

and my node script is not there.

Google Chrome say site DNS not found, because the nodeJS express is not running ofcourse to serve my html file. but why it stops itself??

What is causing this unexpected shutdown of my server after every 2 days? I have to manually run nohup again to run it again.

Does nohup has a time to expire or something ?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance



from Amazon EC2 NodeJS server stops itself after 2 days even after using sudo nohup

No comments:

Post a Comment