I have two android aar library projects: LibA using ClassA, and LibB using ClassB. Both libs have the same base package. both libs use the same class named BaseClass, currently resides separately within each lib in package name 'common'. BaseClass contains one method named baseMethod.
This creates two libs using a class with the same name and a different implementation.
this is how the classes look like:
ClassA:
package mybasepackage.a;
import mybasepackage.common.BaseClass;
public class ClassA {
BaseClass baseClass;
public ClassA() {
this.baseClass= new BaseClass();
}
public String myPublicMethod(){
return this.baseClass.baseMethod();
}
}
ClassB:
package mybasepackage.b;
import mybasepackage.common.BaseClass;
public class ClassB {
BaseClass baseClass;
public ClassB() {
this.baseClass = new BaseClass();
}
public String myPublicMethod(){
return this.baseClass.baseMethod();
}
}
BaseClass In LibA:
package mybasepackage.common;
public class BaseClass{
public String baseMethod() {
return "Called from ClassA";
}
}
BaseClass in LibB:
package mybasepackage.common;
public class BaseClass{
public String baseMethod() {
return "Called from ClassB";
}
}
When I try to compile both libs in the same app, it throws a duplicated class error: "Program type already present: mybasepackage.common.BaseClass", this happens because the compiler cannot know which BaseClass to compile since it resides within both libs.
My goal is to allow both aar libs to compile successfully within the same app, while providing different implementations for the BaseClass. More formally, LibA and LibB should compile in the same application such as:
Calling new ClassA().baseMethod() will return "Called from ClassA".
Calling new ClassB().baseMethod() will return "Called from ClassB".
Pre condition: I cannot change the base package name in one of the libs because it essentially creates an unwanted duplication of BaseClass.
Note: I'm aware this may not be possible via the aar approach. If that is truly the case, I'm willing to consider other deployment architectures as long as I'll be able to compile these libs with the same common class using different implementations, as described in the question.
from Android: 2 aar libraries with the same package
No comments:
Post a Comment