Sunday 30 June 2019

Running Python Code in .NET Environment without Installing Python

Is it possible to productionize Python code in a .NET/C# environment without installing Python and without converting the Python code to C#, i.e. just deploy the code as is?

I know installing the Python language would be the reasonable thing to do but my hesitation is that I just don't want to introduce a new language to my production environment and deal with its testing and maintenance complications, since I don't have enough manpower who know Python to take care of these issues.

I know IronPython is built on CLR, but don't know how exactly it can be hosted and maintained inside .NET. Does it enable one to treat PYthon code as a "package" that can be imported into C# code, without actually installing Python as a standalone language? How can IronPython make my life easier in this situation? Can python.net give me more leverage?



from Running Python Code in .NET Environment without Installing Python

No comments:

Post a Comment