Saturday 23 February 2019

How to configure app-name for website shortcut (homescreen)?

I´m having a website my client wants to add to his home screen on android, so when I´m doing this (with chrome), chrome/android asks to provide/change the displayed name. In my case it is prefilled with "App".

The label of the popup translated to english is "Add to Homesceen" my case

But when I do the same with for-example stackoverflow I get it prefilled with a "name" probably the site title. example case

so what I tried:

  • I have a title tag and tried to shorten it, but even with very small title theres still "App" by default
  • I added a <meta name="application-name" content="name-X"> with no effect, also tried <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-title" content="name-X">
  • checked the markup which validates with no errors/warning (w3c-validator)
  • App-icons for different devices and sizes work as expected
  • and I tried to search the web with no success :/
  • I can´t even Figure out where "App" may come from as its not occuring in source

for any help thanks in advance :)



from How to configure app-name for website shortcut (homescreen)?

No comments:

Post a Comment