Thursday 31 January 2019

How do I use a pypi library with modifications in my project properly?

I would like to use a specialized PyPi library with LGPL 3.0 licensing that parses UTF-8 from HTTP Content-Disposition headers properly according to RFC-6266 in my commercial project.

The problem is that the project only supports Python 3.3, and I use 3.7 in the project. When I use this code with python 3.6 or 3.7 I get warnings.

There are some forks that add support up to 3.6 for the project, and other forks that add other useful functionality.

The maintainer hasn't cut a release in 5 years, so it seems unlikely a PR would be accepted at this point. What are my options to do this in the most legal and Pythonic way?

  • Do I use this as a template to write my own library?
  • Do I fork the repo, make my changes, and pip install from my own repo?
  • Something else?

Thanks Python professionals in advance for your advice.



from How do I use a pypi library with modifications in my project properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment