Friday, 3 August 2018

Search for Place Names (City/Town) Using MKLocalSearchCompleter

I'm trying to build a autocomplete textfield which needs to display the city/town name only.

So what I want to do is that when someone enters

Am it will show

Amsterdam
Amstelveen

So it will only display the actual city names and nothing beyond that. It doesn't need to take places neighbourhoods etc into consideration.

I've applied a filter already but this doesn't fix it.

lazy var searchCompleter: MKLocalSearchCompleter = {
        let sC = MKLocalSearchCompleter()
        sC.delegate = self
        sC.filterType = .locationsOnly
        return sC
    }()

func completerDidUpdateResults(_ completer: MKLocalSearchCompleter) {
        self.searchSource = completer.results.map { $0.title }
        DispatchQueue.main.async {
            for result in self.searchSource! {
                print(result)
            }
        }
    }

    func completer(_ completer: MKLocalSearchCompleter, didFailWithError error: Error) {
        print(error.localizedDescription)
    }

Does anyone know if it's possible to achieve what I want?



from Search for Place Names (City/Town) Using MKLocalSearchCompleter

No comments:

Post a Comment