Thursday 30 August 2018

Best practice - Building/deploy my front end app - repo for builds?

I have a front-end React web application that I develop and test with using Nodejs. When I deploy to prod or test, I build with some basic Webpack scripts and that spits out a /dist folder with an optimized index.html and and whatever JS and static files my application needs.

Pretty basic stuff - my question is, I'm wondering what the best practice is for deploying builds to prod. At the moment, all builds are done manually. I pull the latest build tag from master, run build scripts, stop apache, and replace htdocs with the /dist folder.

What would be the next natural step up from this process in terms of automation? Updates occur roughly once a month or less. Is there something lighter that CI I can use? Is a new repository that just holds builds, and I can just pull from that instead, a common solution to my issue? Looking for best practice advice.



from Best practice - Building/deploy my front end app - repo for builds?

No comments:

Post a Comment