Tuesday 31 July 2018

MP3 (MPEG I) chunk decoder for Python

I've been searching for a few days and trying many different libraries including PyDub, python_mp3_decoder (segmentation faults), pymad, but have had basically no luck in finding a library for Python that would allow me to decode a MP3 Stream (from a internet radio; icecast) on the fly and treat it like microphone input (e.g. PyAudio stream).

I am trying to get a stream of decoded audio to use with PyAudio for an acoustic fingerprinting project. The other catch is I cannot use PyMedia which has been suggest here on stackoverflow before since it is not supported on the Mac, nor has it been updated in more than 12 years.

Any input on how I could decode a MP3 Stream in real time in python would be much appreciated! Thanks!



from MP3 (MPEG I) chunk decoder for Python

No comments:

Post a Comment