Friday 20 July 2018

How do I add a subview to UIStatusBar in Theos?

I know it sounds like this question has a simple answer, but hear me out. Although UIStatusBar is a subclass of UIView, you can't use the addSubview method to add a subview to it because it doesn't use it. The same goes for UIStatusBarWindow. Neither the view or window have a viewcontroller, so I can't hook into that in any way.
Here is the relevant section of code. The line where I call the addSubviews method on self is the issue, because addSubviews isn't a method of UIStatusBar.
#import <CoreGraphics/CoreGraphics.h>

@interface UIStatusBar : UIView
@end

%hook UIStatusBar
- (void)layoutSubviews {
  //Round corners under status bar
  CGFloat radius = 15;
  CGRect wholeScreen = [[UIScreen mainScreen] bounds];
  UIView *roundedCorners = [[UIView alloc] initWithFrame: CGRectMake(
-radius, 20-radius, wholeScreen.size.width+2*radius, wholeScreen.size.height-20+2*radius)];
  roundedCorners.layer.borderWidth = radius;
  roundedCorners.layer.cornerRadius = 2*radius;
  roundedCorners.layer.borderColor = UIColor.blackColor.CGColor;
  roundedCorners.userInteractionEnabled = NO;
  [self addSubView:roundedCorners];
}
%end

Is there another way I can add the subview? The reason I'm trying to do it this way is so that, whenever the status bar is hidden, my roundedCorners view is also hidden. I could hide it whenever the status bar is hidden, but due to different apps using many different methods of hiding the status bar that doesn't work out as well as I hoped.


from How do I add a subview to UIStatusBar in Theos?

No comments:

Post a Comment