A while back I asked similar question here: Difference requiresMainQueueSetup and dispatch_get_main_queue?
I came back to it today and realised I did not grasp it completely yet. When we are writing react native modules for iOS there is
How and which one of these should be used for following packages and use cases?
asq-react-native-device - package that exports constants like bundle id
asq-react-native-sensors - package that allows to subscribe and receive data from device gyroscope and oher sensors
asq-react-native-google-sign-in - package tat exposes google sign in sdk
For all of these I receive warnings in my dev console i.e.
So I assume
Do I need to use
from Understanding when to use dispatch_get_main_queue and requiresMainQueueSetup by example
I came back to it today and realised I did not grasp it completely yet. When we are writing react native modules for iOS there is
dispatch_get_main_queue on ios side and requiresMainQueueSetup needed by react-native.How and which one of these should be used for following packages and use cases?
asq-react-native-device - package that exports constants like bundle id
asq-react-native-sensors - package that allows to subscribe and receive data from device gyroscope and oher sensors
asq-react-native-google-sign-in - package tat exposes google sign in sdk
For all of these I receive warnings in my dev console i.e.

So I assume
requiresMainQueueSetup needs to be used regardless for all packages? I struggle to grasp when it needs to be set to YES or NO however. None of the modules are ui components, google sign in one, however, opens up safari view controller to perform oAuth, does this mean value needs to be set to YES here?Do I need to use
dispatch_get_main_queue whenever I use any of react-native resolver / rejecter bridge methods?from Understanding when to use dispatch_get_main_queue and requiresMainQueueSetup by example
No comments:
Post a Comment