Thursday 31 May 2018

Activity Recognition continues services in Oreo

I am breaking my head around it with no solution's so far. I seen many guides how to accomplish this (Documentation, Tutorial) and successfully made it happen in android 7. What I managed to do is successfully get notification with service running at background when user activity changed. My app works perfectly. The problem is with android 8 and google battery management. My service is always killed. So... What I already tried to overcome this problem:

  1. Explain the user how to disable battery optimization for my app so it will not kill my service. The problem is its too comlicated for cummon user.

  2. Add

    uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REQUEST_IGNORE_BATTERY_OPTIMIZATIONS"
    
    

and check it with code:

Intent intent = new Intent();
            String packageName = context.getPackageName();
            PowerManager pm = (PowerManager) context.getSystemService(Context.POWER_SERVICE);
            if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= Build.VERSION_CODES.O) {
                if (pm.isIgnoringBatteryOptimizations(packageName)){
                    intent.setAction(Settings.ACTION_IGNORE_BATTERY_OPTIMIZATION_SETTINGS);

                }
                else {
                    intent.setAction(Settings.ACTION_REQUEST_IGNORE_BATTERY_OPTIMIZATIONS);
                    intent.setData(Uri.parse("package:" + packageName));
                }
            }
            context.startActivity(intent);

But I undersood my app can be banned from play store, and this is big problem.

  1. Use foreground service with persistent notification. The problem is its very anoin to user to see this ongoing and sometimes irrelevant notification.

So how can I use ActivityRecognitionClient and always receive notification when activity changed even when my app is in background in android 8? Maybe connecting directly google service for this somehow?



from Activity Recognition continues services in Oreo

1 comment:

  1. https://www.wizweb.in

    Wizweb Technology is a leading software development company custom website design, software development, SMS Provider, Bulk sms, transactional sms, promotional sms, mobile app development, Hosting Solution, seo(search engine optimization) and Digital marketing etc.

    ReplyDelete